Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Conversation with J’Da Prynce

Hi J’Da, please introduce yourself.


Greetings Ucombo! Hello world! My name is J’Da Prynce. I hail you from Peach Country, Atlanta, Ga, by way of North Carolina, by way of South Carolina, and of course I have to pay homage to my birthplace, New Jersey. I am one of six talented children born to Earline and Zander Johnson Sr., and I am extremely excited and grateful to be sharing this space and time with you.


How did you come up with your stage name?


The name J’Da Prynce was actually given to me by Freak Nasty, the artist who wrote and produced Da Dip. After hearing some of my material from my first album, OPEN: THE RELEASE, Ten Years in the Making, and recording a couple of songs with him, Freak began calling me J the R&B Prince. I liked the sound of it, but felt it could be tweaked just a bit, and that’s when I came up with J’Da Prynce-The New Prynce of R&B.


What sets you apart from other aspiring artists?


What sets me apart from other aspiring artist is I’m the “New Prynce.” I’m royalty; not by man’s standards, but by the Universe’s standards. God made me great, as God made each of us great, and I embrace it. Yet, I humbly, but boldly walk within my call and I know and accept my mission to do my part in making my world, our world a better place through music and the many other gifts and talents that are still developing within me.


What single or project are you currently pushing?


Currently, I am pushing my Blazin’ New Single, “Operator.” Though Operator is a fun and addictive club track, as a thematic message it addresses the issue of volatile relationships; particularly relationships that involve infidelity. The drum and bass heavy track was produced by Quan of Track Force Productions. I’m super excited about this track because of its potential to be hugely successful here in the United States and abroad! I look forward to walking into a club soon and watching people dance uncontrollably.


What is the philosophy by which you live by?


I live by a very simple but complex philosophy. I call it “L³.” Live, Laugh and Love! I strive to make each of these elements a daily part of my life. Simultaneously, I do my best to encourage those around me to embrace the same philosophy. Of course, life comes with sometimes seemingly unbearable challenges, but that’s when I go back to this mantra and remember; this too shall pass. Yes, I believe in working diligently to achieve success and I have a planner that I work out of, but as for my Life Philosophy, I try to keep it very simple, Live, Laugh Love; my recipe for success.


Which Artists have inspired you to pursue music?


I don’t know that I would say any particular artist inspired me to “pursue” music, as I discovered my love and passion for music at the age of six. I don’t even think we had a t.v. in our household then. However, there are artists who inspire my musical creativity. I draw inspiration from such artists as Anthony Hamilton, who is an amazing performer with invigorating passion and spirit. The one and only King of Pop, Michael Jackson, inspires me to think and dream with a global mindset; to look beyond the walls of the United States but start with the man in the mirror. Lady Gaga’s boldness inspires me, and Beyonce’s work ethic encourages me to apply a similar approach in my own career path.

For more of the interview, please visit Ucombo Music Reviews.

No comments: