Monday, July 18, 2011

Aerias - an emcee from Chicago

We recently had a conservation with Aerias, an indie artist from Chicago.

1) Introduce yourself:

My names Aerias, an emcee from Chicago. I also play the guitar & freestyle a lot at my shows. I was born and raised in Chicago so Im familiar with all the genres of music and artists that come out of it. I’m known locally…for now.

2) How did you come up with your stage name?

Its a play off my last name. My lucky number is 3 and one day I was trying to come up with a logo when I saw the 3 looked like an “E” cause my hand cramped up from writing haha. After that the only place I could put the “E” so it made sense, was after the “A”. So the “E” in Aerias is actually a backwards “3″ thanks to cramps and numerology haha.

3) What sets you apart from other aspiring artists?

I don’t just aspire. I do. And when I do, I do different. I’m sure everyone says that. What really sets me apart isn’t just my music, its who I am outside the music. I’m weird, deadly and eccentric…lyrically of course.

4) What single or project are you currently pushing?

Right now, Im pushing Bootleg Broads. A single off my new album “Scream Like You Mean It”. Its basically a song poking fun at certain people. The title should give you a clue haha.

5) What is the philosophy by which you live by?

Inspire and motivate. I don’t just make music for me. I make it for the people and the fans. I believe music should remind people they’re not alone and push them through trials and everyday drama. I appreciate all kinds of music. But my music has to help, make happy, make forget, make fight and make strong. Its not all about me yknow?

6) Which artists have inspired you to pursue music?

Wow. The list can go on forever. I’m an empath so I pick things up from everyone. But the main ones and that come first to mind are Jimi Hendrix, KRS-ONE, Kanye West, The Doors, Coheed & Cambria, Thrice, Bob Dylan, The Vines, Common, James Brown, Bob Marley, Lauren Hill, Nas & Hott 22 to name a few.

For more, visit Ucombo Music Reviews.

No comments: